All Apps and Add-ons

Region Chart not in the downloaded app

gmercier
Explorer

Hello,

When I download the Region Chart Viz from SplunkBase ( app/4911 ) and install it on my Splunk instance, I get a pseudo-CustomViz app called "Region Chart Viz" but :
- It prompts directly because the app name is wrong
- The Region Chart is not even in the app examples

So I guess that the compilation has messed up at a point.

Am I wrong ?

0 Karma
1 Solution

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

OK I see what is happening here. This app is a visualization and not an "app" - so it should remain with "Visibility" = false.

Instead you first need to do a search, for example:

index=_internal | timechart span=1m count as count
| eval regions = "normal=#99D18B,5000,Warning=#FCB64E,7000,Error=#B50101"

Then click the "visualizations" tab, and select "region chart viz". Once done you can open the "formatting options" menu and if you go to the "help" tab, there will be a link to more examples.

Hope this helps and good luck 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Karma

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

OK I see what is happening here. This app is a visualization and not an "app" - so it should remain with "Visibility" = false.

Instead you first need to do a search, for example:

index=_internal | timechart span=1m count as count
| eval regions = "normal=#99D18B,5000,Warning=#FCB64E,7000,Error=#B50101"

Then click the "visualizations" tab, and select "region chart viz". Once done you can open the "formatting options" menu and if you go to the "help" tab, there will be a link to more examples.

Hope this helps and good luck 🙂

0 Karma

gmercier
Explorer

Owh OK, thanks for your answer !

Maybe you could write it down on Splunk Base or in your app UI ? Because I added your app a loooong time ago, and we are used to set visibility to false to many apps we don't use, so I thought it was that !

But thanks again 🙂

0 Karma

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes good idea. I will update the Splunkbase instructions

0 Karma

gmercier
Explorer

Thanks ! Enjoy your day 🙂

0 Karma

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @gmercier . Thanks for trying my app. Can you provide more information about the error you are seeing? Do you have a screenshot of the "prompt"? I haven't see this problem and I have installed it in a few environments. What version Splunk are you using? Many thanks , Chris.

0 Karma

gmercier
Explorer

Hello Chris,

Thanks for answering, and I hope you are doing well in those days.

I have re-installed twice the app, even re-downloaded it, and it is the same.

• First, the app is not visible by default.
  • When I set it visible and I launch it, I reach what you see in the screenshot.

Maybe have I missed something ?

alt text

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...