All Apps and Add-ons

Reduction of points in google map

digsplunk

I want to reduce the number of points that are displayed in my google map. If the latitude and longitude is the same I want to count it as one point. I tried this
Number="123456" | eval ResLat=round(Latitude,3) | eval ResLong = round(Longitude,3) | eval _geo=ResLat+","+ResLong it still gave me the same number of points. Any ideas on how to remove these duplicates

0 Karma

ziegfried
Influencer

You can use a search in the following form to aggregate the location information:

... eval ResLat=round(Latitude,3) | eval ResLong = round(Longitude,3) | eval _geo=ResLat+","+ResLong | stats count as _geo_count by _geo

This will only return 1 result for each unique location and still preserves the count information.

digsplunk

Hmmmm? Does not seem like "| stats count as _geo_count by _geo" has any effect?

However | dedup ResLat, resLong | eval _geo=ResLat+","+ResLong seems to give me what I want

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...