All Apps and Add-ons

Recently upgraded a Splunk Universal forwarder from 6.1.2 to 6.2.2, but why is S.o.S - Splunk on Splunk still showing the UF version as 6.1.2?

saikatr
Path Finder

We have upgraded a Splunk universal forwarder from Splunk 6.1.2 to 6.2.2 a couple of days back. I checked the version in the forwarder after upgrading, using the ./splunk version command and it showed "Splunk Universal Forwarder 6.2.2 (build 255606)", but the S.o.S - Splunk on Splunk app on the search head still shows the Universal Forwarder version as 6.1.2 under deployment Status> Deployment Topology.

I checked the splunk_instances_info.csv lookup table for hints and it too has the UF version listed as 6.1.2.

The Search head itself is running Splunk 6.2.2 (if that matters). I have restarted the Search head a couple of times, but it's not picking up the correct Splunk UF version. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Saikat

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Clean the sos lookups, and next time it's re-populated, it should refresh the list of forwarders.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...