All Apps and Add-ons

Real Time Event Data not showing up. Install used a seperate index for paloalto.

Iwdavies
Path Finder

PaloAlto Networks app dashboard issue. All dashboards work with the exception of the Realtime Event Feed. When I created my input for paloalo I used udp 514 and a new index for the data (pan_logs). I played with the search string in the various dashboards and found that if I put index=pan_logs at the beginning of the string that it will start pulling the feeds correctly. However, I don't know how to change the string for the dashboards so that they work...

some things to note:

I have already added the no_appending_timestamp = true to the inputs file
time is the same on the splunk server as it is with the palo alto equipment.
I have not added any time zone information in the props.conf file since the time stamps are the same.

Ian

0 Karma
1 Solution

Iwdavies
Path Finder

I found the solution to this issue:

I went to the location of the view (D:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\SplunkforPaloAltoNetworks\default\data\ui\views\realtime_event_feed.xml) and added "index=pan_logs" to the first query string. Saved the file and restarted splunk. Now the Real Event Feed is working fine.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Iwdavies
Path Finder

I found the solution to this issue:

I went to the location of the view (D:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\SplunkforPaloAltoNetworks\default\data\ui\views\realtime_event_feed.xml) and added "index=pan_logs" to the first query string. Saved the file and restarted splunk. Now the Real Event Feed is working fine.

0 Karma

btorresgil
Builder

You shouldn't need to add the index to the search. Are you sure you are searching the pan_logs index by default in your user/role settings?

0 Karma

Iwdavies
Path Finder

That worked as well, so I undid my change and added the pan_logs to the indexes that are searched by default.

0 Karma

btorresgil
Builder

ok, great to hear, glad it's working.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...