All Apps and Add-ons

REGEX in blacklist doesn't work as intended

osakachan
Communicator

Hello folks,

I encountered a problem when trying to filter events from WinEventLog and EventCode 4662.  When I use the next regex in a tester or in a SPL with a data set unfiltered, it works fine. But using it in a blacklist only allows a fraction of the messages when "Default Property Set" is in the first row after Properties.

blacklist9 = EventCode="4662" Message="(Tipo\sde\sobjeto:(?!\s*groupPolicyContainer))[\s\S]*(Propiedades:(?![\s\S]*Default Property Set))"

I tried some changes to the regex but I do not find a solution for this. Thanks for your time.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@osakachan  Can you check are you following allowed regex its little different from PCRE- inputs.conf - Splunk Documentation

0 Karma

codebuilder
Influencer

Have you tried using erex to help build your regex? It's a hidden gem, and extremely useful.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.1/SearchReference/Erex

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...