All Apps and Add-ons

Questions about Splunk Machine Learning Toolkit.

mpaw
Explorer

I'm new to Splunk Machine Learning Toolkit and still deciding what model and algorithm should be used in predicting system outages. It would be a big help if someone can assist me with my inquiries below. Thanks in advance!

1. What are the pros and cons of each model and algorithm?
  2. What are the most popular models and algorithms being used in predicting system outages?
  3. Is it possible to use multiple data input criteria in machine learning? Example: Row1: Appdynamics business transaction error + Row2: SCOM memory utilization 95% spike Combination of Row1+2 = system outage
0 Karma
1 Solution

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could refer to the MLTK welcome page or the detailed MLTK algorithms page for algorithm information but it sounds like you are new to machine learning.

Perhaps look into workshops if they are available https://events.splunk.com/IT_Workshop_May2020 or documentation/tutorials online, this is a complex space but the assistants in the MLTK would be a place to start

View solution in original post

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could refer to the MLTK welcome page or the detailed MLTK algorithms page for algorithm information but it sounds like you are new to machine learning.

Perhaps look into workshops if they are available https://events.splunk.com/IT_Workshop_May2020 or documentation/tutorials online, this is a complex space but the assistants in the MLTK would be a place to start

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...