All Apps and Add-ons

Question about data ingestion while using Splunk Add-on for Windows

mcsdh

I have tried parsing through the documentation about the Splunk Add-on for Windows and I think I may confusing topics. Is this add-on supposed to be able to reach out to grab data or is this add-on only supposed to help handle the data once received? I see it talks about using wfm instead of a its normal method, but I suppose I am confused about the normal method. Do you have to use the universal forwarder with it? Any help is appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If Splunk documentation doesn't answer your questions then you should submit feedback on the relevant page.  The Docs team is very good about updating the documentation in response to user feedback.

That said, the best documentation is the app itself.  Download it, expand it, and look for an inputs.conf file.  If it doesn't have one then it doesn't perform data ingestion.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...