All Apps and Add-ons

Python for Scientific Computing Add-on Installation Error

AbdelrahmanAbde
Explorer

Hello Team ,

I'm using a single instance deployment for Splunk on windows Server 2012 R2
I wanted to install the MLTK so I followed the Installation Section in the documentation and tried to install Python for Scientific Computing Add-on first .
I'm using splunk web for the installation , tried to add .tgz file from the GUI to install the app but I always get the error of
Error connecting to /services/apps/local: ('The read operation timed out',)

What is the cause of that error and what should I correct to have it installed ??

0 Karma
1 Solution

grana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Uninstall previous version..install the latest one after restarting Splunk and if it still does not work..plz reboot your server.

I have seen same problem in past and sometimes windows registry does not clean up properly.Rebooting solves the problem

View solution in original post

grana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Uninstall previous version..install the latest one after restarting Splunk and if it still does not work..plz reboot your server.

I have seen same problem in past and sometimes windows registry does not clean up properly.Rebooting solves the problem

AbdelrahmanAbde
Explorer

Thanks Grana

I uninstalled the App , restarted Splunk and rebooted the server then I installed the Add-On again and it worked fine this time .

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

can you try a direct install from the web?
click on apps settings gear button > browse more apps > search for Python for Scientific Computing
and choose the relevant one for which the isntall button in green background will be enabled?

0 Karma

AbdelrahmanAbde
Explorer

Hi Sukisen ,

Thanks for your reply
I followed the steps you mentioned but I can't find the green install button instead I found a *Already installed button * and it is dimmed

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

uhhh i was doubting it maybe from some previous installation that you were trying
can you go to etc/apps and delete the installed folder for python for scientific app
and then try re-install through the web?

AbdelrahmanAbde
Explorer

I did so and it worked
Thanks Susiken

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...