All Apps and Add-ons

Python errors when upgrading Splunk_TA_New_Relic to 2.2.0

spavin
Path Finder

Hi all,

I have recently upgraded the Splunk_TA_New_Relic to v 2.2.0 on Splunk 8.0.7.

Version 2.1.0 worked fine, but after the upgrade to 2.2.0 I started getting a lot of python errors.

Has anyone found this before or know a solution?

I'm going to try to set the python version to use 2.7, but wondering if there is something else we need to do to get the new version up and running.

Here's a sample of the python error:

2021-03-30 13:18:42,644 ERROR The script at path=/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_New_Relic/bin/Splunk_TA_New_Relic_rh_new_relic_insights.py has thrown an exception=Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/splunk/bin/runScript.py", line 82, in <module>
    exec(open(REAL_SCRIPT_NAME).read())
  File "<string>", line 4, in <module>
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_New_Relic/bin/splunk_ta_new_relic/aob_py3/splunktaucclib/rest_handler/endpoint/validator.py", line 8, in <module>
    from past.builtins import basestring
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_New_Relic/bin/splunk_ta_new_relic/aob_py3/past/__init__.py", line 88, in <module>
    from past.translation import install_hooks as autotranslate
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_New_Relic/bin/splunk_ta_new_relic/aob_py3/past/translation/__init__.py", line 42, in <module>
    from lib2to3.refactor import RefactoringTool
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_New_Relic/bin/splunk_ta_new_relic/aob_py3/lib2to3/refactor.py", line 25, in <module>
    from .fixer_util import find_root
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_New_Relic/bin/splunk_ta_new_relic/aob_py3/lib2to3/fixer_util.py", line 7, in <module>
    from .pygram import python_symbols as syms
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_New_Relic/bin/splunk_ta_new_relic/aob_py3/lib2to3/pygram.py", line 32, in <module>
    python_grammar = driver.load_packaged_grammar("lib2to3", _GRAMMAR_FILE)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_New_Relic/bin/splunk_ta_new_relic/aob_py3/lib2to3/pgen2/driver.py", line 156, in load_packaged_grammar
    return load_grammar(grammar_source)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_New_Relic/bin/splunk_ta_new_relic/aob_py3/lib2to3/pgen2/driver.py", line 131, in load_grammar
    g.load(gp)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_New_Relic/bin/splunk_ta_new_relic/aob_py3/lib2to3/pgen2/grammar.py", line 108, in load
    d = pickle.load(f)
AttributeError: 'collections.OrderedDict' object has no attribute 'append'

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...