All Apps and Add-ons

Python 3 compatibility

jparct
Explorer

I ran the Splunk Upgrade Readiness App and it indicates a Status: Warning for Python scripts and a Status:Blocker for files named test.py. Is this correct? This app is listed as 8.0 compatible.

0 Karma
1 Solution

davido_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello jparct,

Which app were you scanning?

There should not be any files named test.py as recommended at: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.1/Python3Migration/PythonDevelopment

The following is the recommendation at the above link:
Module naming conflicts
You should also rename any files that conflict with Python standard modules or Splunk libraries, such as files named test.py. Use different, non-reserved names to avoid namespace conflicts in Python 3.

Checking for test.py may have been missed with this app. Such files should be renamed.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jparct
Explorer

Sorry, Splunk Addon for Box (I thought I was posting this to the Splunk Addon for Box answers section).

0 Karma

davido_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello jparct,

Which app were you scanning?

There should not be any files named test.py as recommended at: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.1/Python3Migration/PythonDevelopment

The following is the recommendation at the above link:
Module naming conflicts
You should also rename any files that conflict with Python standard modules or Splunk libraries, such as files named test.py. Use different, non-reserved names to avoid namespace conflicts in Python 3.

Checking for test.py may have been missed with this app. Such files should be renamed.

Hope this helps!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...