All Apps and Add-ons

Problem with upgrade on Splunk Cloud Gateway to version 1.12.4 - drone_mode_subscription_modular_input

al_from_kent
Explorer

Have had Splunk Cloud Gateway for a while, tried to upgrade...

On the SHC following the app deployment, all shows green and we have access to dashboards on the app.

but every 10 min we get an alert

Unable to initialize modular input "drone_mode_subscription_modular_input" defined inside the app "splunk_app_cloudgateway": Introspecting scheme=drone_mode_subscription_modular_input: script running failed (exited with code 1)

not really sure what to make of it. tried restarting, disabling, etc..

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

DanielSp
Explorer

Hello, I have the same error in 2 different instances:

Unable to initialize modular input "drone_mode_subscription_modular_input" defined inside the app "splunk_app_cloudgateway": Introspecting scheme=drone_mode_subscription_modular_input: script running failed (exited with code 1).

Could you please help us with the error?

Thanks a lot¡

0 Karma

al_from_kent
Explorer

Splunk did contact me and tell me that they will fix this in the impending next release. It should not impact service except for the very annoying message on the screen.

nawazns5038
Builder

@casingc_splunk , please check 

0 Karma

al_from_kent
Explorer

Check as suggested, but I can't see a solution there. I have opened a ticket with support. It looks to be a linked to this error, where the Import error happens

<stderr> Introspecting scheme=drone_mode_subscription_modular_input:    File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_cloudgateway/bin/spacebridgeapp/logging/setup_logging.py", line 3, in <module>
<stderr> Introspecting scheme=drone_mode_subscription_modular_input:      from builtins import object
<stderr> Introspecting scheme=drone_mode_subscription_modular_input:  ImportError: No module named builtins Introspecting scheme=drone_mode_subscription_modular_input: script running failed (exited with code 1).
Unable to initialize modular input "drone_mode_subscription_modular_input" defined inside the app "splunk_app_cloudgateway": Introspecting scheme=drone_mode_subscription_modular_input: script running failed (exited with code 1).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...