All Apps and Add-ons

Problem with Lookup Editor App: only KV Stores visible in the overview

shoermann
Explorer

As mentioned in the subject I have problems with displayed data in the app.

If the user contains a \, you can see only KV stores and no csv-Files.

You can easily reproduce the error, if you create a new user, e.g. admin\admin.

The installed version is the latest one (3.0.0).

Tags (1)

shoermann
Explorer

Sorry, Cleaning the broswer cache was the key. I think the problem is finally fixed. Thank you

0 Karma

shoermann
Explorer

Hi Luke,

it seems that problem is only fixed in Chrome but not in other browsers (e.g. EDGE).

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

I tested this in Edge and am not seeing the issue. It could be that the copy of Edge has an old version cached.

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

This is a confirmed bug. I just reproduced it and open a bug ticket: https://lukemurphey.net/issues/2252 . My plan is to get this out in a maintenance release (3.0.1).

Update
3.0.1 is now available on Splunkbase with a fix for this issue. Make sure to clear your browser cache or bump Splunk after installing the update (see this answer).

jsuryaprakash
Path Finder

I installed 3.0.3 but issue still exists.

0 Karma

shoermann
Explorer

We installed 3.0.1 but it's still the same issue..

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

Make sure to clear your browsers cache. See this answer.

0 Karma

shoermann
Explorer

Browser cache was cleared. I even downloaded the portable version of firefox and it is still the same..

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

Can you reproduce the error in your browser and generate a HAR file per the following instructions? https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204410413-Generating-a-HAR-file-for-troubleshooting

Provide them to Luke@LukeMurphey.net and I will take a look ASAP.

0 Karma

hcannon
Path Finder

We are having the same issue, except its not related to usernames with slashes in them, it's basically any user (even local admin) - wanted to mention that, incase it's useful for the bug fix.

0 Karma

jsuryaprakash
Path Finder

We are also facing the same problem .

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

@hcannon @jsuryaprakash: do either of you happen to be using SSO or Scripted Authentication?

0 Karma

shoermann
Explorer

It was fine before we switched to SSO.

0 Karma

hcannon
Path Finder

We use LDAP auth for users, the local admin user was a local splunk auth user.

0 Karma

shoermann
Explorer

Ok. Thank you. That's perfect.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...