All Apps and Add-ons

Phantom license page- What is the difference between Phantom License Information and Splunk License Information?

vinoth_raj
Path Finder

Hi guys,

In the license page for the Splunk Phantom , What is the difference between the "PHANTOM LICENSE INFORMATION" & "SPLUNK LICENSE INFORMATION". I assume the  "SPLUNK LICENSE INFORMATION" is about the amount of data that we can fetch from Splunk Enterprise and and ingest into the  Splunk Phantom.

Am I correct?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

smurf
Communicator

Hi,

From what I understand:

The Phantom one is your license for the Phantom itself.

The Splunk one is for the included Splunk Enterprise install. You can find it at $PHANTOM_HOME/splunk/

From the documentation:

If Splunk SOAR (On-premises) is installed as a stand-alone product, it includes a version of Splunk Enterprise as the internal search engine. You can also configure Splunk SOAR (On-premises) to use an external Splunk instance for searching. A Splunk SOAR (On-premises) cluster also requires an external Splunk Enterprise instance.

You can find more here https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SOARonprem/6.0.0/Install/ExternalSplunk 

smurf

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...