All Apps and Add-ons

Phantom Addon Error: Unhashable type: 'list' when adding a server configuration

jethrop
Explorer

I am getting this error message when adding a phantom server using the new server configuration in the Phantom Add-on.

Phantom Failed to communicate with user "" on Phantom server . Error: Unhashable type: 'list'

I have managed to get the add-on working by installing a version 7 versions behind the current.

The Phantom user is setup as per documentation(and works on older version of installed app), my user has all the Phantom capabilities, and I have disabled cert validation.

I am on Splunk 8.1.2 and using the latest version of the Phantom Add-on. 

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

rquish
Engager

Hey @jethrop my deployment is currently running into this issue. Were you ever able to come up with or find a fix?

You said you were able to get something working by dropping back 7 versions, would that be version 2.4.18??

0 Karma

jethrop
Explorer

After filing a case the solution was to change all cef fields with * as their data types to string datatype in the app

0 Karma

ktraverse_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The app verifies the phantom server by making 2 REST calls to the phantom server

- /rest/cef

- /rest/cef_metadata

This error is indicating that there's a problem with the CEF field definitions, specifically the CEF fields configured in Phantom.   You can check the entire list via https://<phantom>/rest/cef/ & https://<phantom>/rest/cef_metadata.

Look for something like a null field or a list within a list (not allowed).  If you identify the problematic field, go to Admin > Admin Settings > CEF and remove the field in question and re-try the connection from the App.

List within a list Example (Bad):

"Example": {
"contains": [
["*"]
]
},

0 Karma

jethrop
Explorer

After filing a case the solution was to change all cef fields with * as their data types to string datatype in the app

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...