All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I unable to log in to install apps?

BattleOP
Explorer

I'm trying to install a few apps in Splunk.    The dialogue says "Enter your Splunk.com username and password to download the app."   I use the username/password combination I'm using for splunk.com and I continually get back an error message "Incorrect username or password".     Given that I had to log into splunk.com using the same credentials to post this message I'm out of ideas on how to make this work.

Labels (1)

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @BattleOP ,

good for you, see next time!

let us know if we can help you more, or, please, accept one answer for the other people of Community.

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated by all the contributors 😉

0 Karma

jerseydoe
Engager

No fix as far as I read but didnt go to bottom one fix is to doenload app as file from splunkbase and upload it to splunk in manage apps. When it comes to IT, it never works smoothly or im just bad at it, I swear I spend most of my time troubleshooting.

0 Karma

raghuchangalvee
Engager

The web portal (splunk base) allows you to use the username/email to login. However, from the application when you connect to the splunk base for app installation, it doesn't accept email. You have to use your username itself. This is what I have observed. And moreover, the description clearly says enter your 'username' and 'password' and not 'username or email'.

Tags (2)

Aliappolo
Engager

I have the same issue. Yes, I am sure that we have used all possible methods to log in before posting here. Additionally, logging in using the ‘username’ is not working either.😜

MenendezCaleb

Hey,

I was having this issue so I tried logging into splunk.com and I found out I had to verify my email address. If you've already done that I'm sorry but if not then that could solve your problem. 

You have to make sure it's splunk.com and not the browser application. I was able to log in there without having verified just fine. 

0 Karma

TheBravoSierra
Path Finder

Possible Fix: Go to splunk.com or splunkbase and login, view profile, and then you can see your username. It is probable that the username is different than you remember. This was the case for me. 

Jake
Engager

Yes, this was actually it. I was previously able to use my email as my username, so I never realized it was different. thank you. 

testaaa1
Engager

Has someone solved the problem? because it is still relevant.

0 Karma

Jake
Engager

Any luck with this? I'm running into the same issue after upgrading to 8.2.2 and didn't have this issue before upgrading.

BattleOP
Explorer

Anyone?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @BattleOP,

sometime ago I had the same problem and I usually have'n the time to think why.

So I usually download the app in my pc and then I install the app from file.

Anyway, check if the username you're using to connect to splunkbase is your username or the username you used to access Splunk on your machine (e.g. my username is gcusello, but sometimes I access my Splunk as  admin.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

BattleOP
Explorer

I typed out my credentials in a text editor then copied and pasted to log into Splunk.com then I did the same in the Splunk interface.   That way I know without a shadow of a doubt I'm using the same exact credentials without any kind of typos.    Login into splunk.com works, using it in the interface does not.   

The interface specifically says splunk.com com and nothing about Splunk base or using the local account.    What is a Splunk base account?  

0 Karma

TheBravoSierra
Path Finder

Did you find a fix for this? 

I've been able to download app updates until now, and see you have the exact same issue as I do. 

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @BattleOP,

did you alread downloaded some apps from Splunkbase?

if not, try to create a new account on Splunkbase.

The account for Splunkbase is the same of Community.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

justinclarke415
Engager

Creating a new splunk base app then verifying the email worked out. i was able to install apps using this work around. Thank you !

0 Karma

petertjin

After creation of your user, you must logout and log back in (actual first time login). You'll be prompted to confirm your email where an email will be send to your email address to confirm your ownership of that email address. After confirmation, you can download the apps.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...