All Apps and Add-ons

Palo Alto firewall Syslog configuration for Heavy Forwarder

sahilverma
Loves-to-Learn

I am newbie to splunk and need to configure Palo Alto splunk and looking for corrective action.

What I did so far

1. Rsyslog allowed port 1514.

--> sudo semanage port -a -t syslogd_port_t -p tcp 1514

2. Ran the Firewall command to allow port 1514.

--> sudo firewall-cmd --zone=public --permanent --add-port=1514/tcp

3. From Deployment server in serverclass.conf i created app name and enabled and reloaded deploy server just like other appliance app like barracuda and cisco.

Snag_4aba95fe.png

3. Install the Splunk_TA_paloalto on heavy forwarder.

UI interface configuration is empty as I dont see any information that can be added.

Snag_494dde12.png

after reading few blog came out with below input.conf stanza Ver 1 and Ver 2

Snag_4af69435.png

------Outcome-----

Logs are being ingested using cisco index because cisco is monitoring the file path /*.log where i have provided the suitable stanza version 1 (not sure if it is working fine, Please note log folder names are in capital (/var/log/remote/ABC-FW01-DOMAIN.COM/1,2022LOG")

Logs are going to cloud from the remote folder, but not through palo alto app and so cloud base PA app wont be able to read it out.

please guide for correction..

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...