All Apps and Add-ons

Palo Alto Add On - Can't consume Autofocus feeds

wlcv
Observer

Hi all,

I configured an EDL and URL feed from Autofocus by following the steps in https://splunk.paloaltonetworks.com/autofocus-and-minemeld.html.  However, when I try to review the details from the macros from the link above,  no results are returned.

From the log file: /opt/splunk/var/log/splunk/Splunk_TA_paloalto_minemeld_feed.log I get the following entry for the EDL feed:

2021-01-05 15:29:16,550 ERROR pid=208666 tid=MainThread file=base_modinput.py:log_error:309 | Get error when collecting events.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_paloalto/bin/splunk_ta_paloalto/aob_py3/modinput_wrapper/base_modinput.py", line 128, in stream_events
    self.collect_events(ew)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_paloalto/bin/minemeld_feed.py", line 72, in collect_events
    input_module.collect_events(self, ew)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_paloalto/bin/input_module_minemeld_feed.py", line 84, in collect_events
    mmf_entries = get_feed_entries(helper, name, start, stats)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_paloalto/bin/input_module_minemeld_feed.py", line 45, in inner
    ret_val = func(*args)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_paloalto/bin/input_module_minemeld_feed.py", line 157, in get_feed_entries
    feed_entries = resp.json()
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_paloalto/bin/splunk_ta_paloalto/aob_py3/requests/models.py", line 897, in json
    return complexjson.loads(self.text, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/json/__init__.py", line 348, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/json/decoder.py", line 340, in decode
    raise JSONDecodeError("Extra data", s, end)
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Extra data: line 1 column 4 (char 3)

From the URL feed, I get:

2021-01-08 12:12:19,748 ERROR pid=15255 tid=MainThread file=base_modinput.py:log_error:309 | Failed to get entries for "af_daily": 401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url: https://autofocus.paloaltonetworks.com/output/threatFeedResult?v=json&tr=1

I have verified/retried the credentials and the API key (for Autofocus) to confirm that I have the correct value.

Note: I do get results from accessing the EDL/URL feeds manually via cURL.

Please let me know what else I can try.

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...