All Apps and Add-ons

PagerDuty App for Splunk: How to configure link from PagerDuty incident to Splunk?

mhaggerty55

I’ve integrated pager duty and Splunk, and I’m successfully seeing alerts from Splunk in pager duty. However, when I go to an incident detail and click on “view in splunk,” I get an error saying “The site can’t be reached.”

I’ve noticed the hostname is wrong. It’s using splunk:8000 when it should be using my_splunk_hostname:8000.

Any ideas how I can configure the link? I've already asked PagerDuty support, but they suggested I ask here too.

alt text

0 Karma

bkrueger_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You need to update the hostname setting under alert_actions.conf (If you don't have a local alert_actions.conf, create one and add the stanza & hostname setting below)

Should look like this:
[default]
hostname=your_hostname_here

Here is the link to the relevant docs
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Admin/Alertactionsconf?utm_source=answers&utm_med...

0 Karma

mattymo
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

My guess is that the alert action may not be sending the client_url string in the alert payload that Pagerduty need to build that link?

Splunk:8000 sounds like a default entry, perhaps check the script that the pager duty app has in its bin folder to see how it constructs the call to the pagerduty url? ( i will check in my lab and follow up)

https://v2.developer.pagerduty.com/docs/trigger-events

I believe pagerduty provides the option to view he raw payload, can you post an example?

Splunks alert action args contain a results url that should work here. Is your Splunk instance available to the internet?

- MattyMo
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...