All Apps and Add-ons

PagerDuty App for Splunk 1.0: Why am I getting "Invalid key in stanza ... Did you mean 'param.incident_url'" for alert_actions.conf?

tjbaker72
Explorer

With the PagerDuty App for Splunk 1.0 installed on Splunk 6.4 I see this on Splunk start:

Checking conf files for problems...
    Invalid key in stanza [pagerduty] in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/pagerduty_incidents/local/alert_actions.conf, line 3: param.integration_url  (value:  ).
    Invalid key in stanza [pagerduty] in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/pagerduty_incidents/default/alert_actions.conf, line 9: param.incidents_url  (value: ).
    Your indexes and inputs configurations are not internally consistent. For more information, run 'splunk btool check --debug'
Done

When running btool it prints:

Checking: /opt/splunk/etc/apps/pagerduty_incidents/local/alert_actions.conf
    Invalid key in stanza [pagerduty] in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/pagerduty_incidents/local/alert_actions.conf, line 3: param.integration_url  (value:  ).
Did you mean 'param.incident_url'?
Did you mean 'payload_format'?

Ideas?

jawaharas
Motivator

In '$SPLUNK_BASE/etc/apps/pagerduty_incidents/local/alert_actions.conf' file -

changing key name from 'param.integration_url' to 'param.incidents_url' (as mentioned in $SPLUNK_BASE/etc/apps/pagerduty_incidents/README/alert_actions.conf.spec) fixed issue.

# File name: $SPLUNK_BASE/etc/apps/pagerduty_incidents/local/alert_actions.conf
[pagerduty]
disabled = 0
param.incident_url = https://events.pagerduty.com/integration/<integration_code>/enqueue

I believe this is something the app developer has to fix in the upcoming release.

0 Karma

ThomasKoeberlei
Explorer

Hi,

did you create a alert_actions.conf.spec file in the README folder?

[pagerduty] 
param.integration_url=<string>
param.incidents_url=<string>

regards,
-thomas

tragiccode

I am having this same issue. What are you referring to thomas?

0 Karma

ThomasKoeberlei
Explorer

Take a look here: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.3/AdvancedDev/CustomAlertConfig it describes that you need to have a alert_actions.conf file and an alert_actions.conf.spec file
Means take look on the file which is raising the error. Create in the apps README folder the *.spec file with the specification for the values.

0 Karma

tragiccode

I will create both of those files and give it a shot. It seems like the app would handle all of this setup by default. Am i missing something?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...