All Apps and Add-ons

PSA: The Add-On for Ossec no longer works with the latest versions of Ossec and Splunk [Feb2018]

andyfrank
Explorer

Hey everyone,
I thought I will try to save you some time by letting you guys know that at least the parsing of events (i.e: Splunk CIM to get the fields out of logs) no longer works.

Not only that, but since it's doing transformations (changing the raw log as it gets indexed) the addon has become destructive: because the regex that it uses to parse fails, some data gets lost.

If you, like me, are looking for a way to get a quick CIM solution for ossec logs, I can attest this other app works for that (at least at the moment of writing): https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/300

It is a bit overkill for the task since it provides much more. But if you don't touch the inputs.conf, it works as a CIM.

good luck,
Andy

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...