All Apps and Add-ons

Opsgenie app setup link not appearing after installation

scottj1y
Path Finder

I've downloaded Opsgenie app 1.1.5 and I'm running Splunk Enterprise 7.0.1. I see the app in my "Apps settings" page but that page does not list a 'setup' link like that show in the screen snapshot on the https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/splunk-integration item 2.

I've done another rolling restart of the search heads in case that was an issue but it's still missing.

I should note that this change wasn't done through the Web UI but rather from the command line. Both the installation and restart of splunk that is.

0 Karma

velagicatab
Explorer

Not sure if you're still having this issue, but you can access the setup page by appending this to your Splunk URL:
/en-US/manager/opsgenie/apps/local/opsgenie/setup?action=edit
We have the same issue you have on a clustered search head environment, where we can't install the app via the UI, but were able to access the setup page by manually changing the URL. Keep in mind that once you set an API key, it can't be changed without a reinstall.

0 Karma

dflodstrom
Builder

Are you using an admin account? I saw the option(s) to set up the app when logged in as an admin but not when logged in as a 'user' role.

When I installed the app I was presented with a screen asking me to set up the app alt text

I also see the "Set Up" link in 'manage apss'
alt text

0 Karma

scottj1y
Path Finder

I am logged in as an admin. I assume you installed the app through the web ui. I didn't do that so there was no screen that popped up. Rather I used the deployer and did a rolling restart of the search head cluster.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...