All Apps and Add-ons

On which components does the Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples app need to be installed?

chris_jepeway

I've installed the Dashboard Examples app on our search head and our index cluster.

Did I really need to install it on the index cluster? Or is this app just for search heads?
,I've installed the Dashboard Examples app on our test search head and on our test index cluster.

Most of the examples I've looked at so far are using the _internal index, which suggests to me that there's no index peer component of the app. Does it need to be installed on the index cluster?

0 Karma
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

No, it does not. Dashboard Examples can run on the search head only.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

No, it does not. Dashboard Examples can run on the search head only.

0 Karma

chris_jepeway

[Sorry, uploading this question botched its formatting while I recovered my password].

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...