All Apps and Add-ons

On what instances in my search head and indexer clustering environment do I install these apps and add-ons?

ishaanshekhar
Communicator

Dear SPLUNK Community,

In my SPLUNK architecture, I have a Search Head cluster, an Indexer Cluster, Heavy Forwarders, and Universal Forwarders.

Could you please help me identify on which of the above instance(s) should I install following apps?

1) Splunk Add-on for nix
2) Splunk App for nix
3) Splunk Add-on for windows
4) Splunk App for windows
5) Splunk DB Connect 1
6) Website Monitoring
7) Google Maps

Thank you!
Ishaan

0 Karma

tskinnerivsec
Contributor
  1. Each of the Splunk Add-on apps here would get deployed to all of your search head nodes as well as indexer nodes.
  2. Splunk DB Connect, to my knowledge still isn't completely proven in a search head cluster, so it would be best to get this installed on a single search head server.
  3. The rest of the apps you have listed all have visual components, and should get deployed to your search head cluster nodes.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...