All Apps and Add-ons

Okta Identity Cloud Add-On issue with default searches

jgeorges
Engager

I have installed the Okta Identity Cloud Add-On into Splunk Cloud.   I have setup individual indexes for each of the log types and accounts that I am ingesting. 

I can see that the Okta logs are being ingested correctly but none of the default searches work.

By default they do a search on "sourcetype" however this returns no results:

sourcetype="oktaim2:log" event_type="okta_event_authentication" (host="*")

If I manually add the index to the search, then it works:

index="okta-*" sourcetype="oktaim2:log" event_type="okta_event_authentication" (host="*")

I can't find anywhere to set the default index.  If I do a plain search for sourcetype="oktaim2:log" it also returns no results.

Is this an error when Splunk have installed the add-on, or a configuration I have missed, or do I just have to manually adjust all of the views ?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Labels (2)

asridhara
Explorer

As an Admin user, go to Settings > roles > select a role you want to enable default indexes for > Indexes > select default for okta index. Save .. Waaalah 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...