All Apps and Add-ons

OPSEC LEA App 4 - state of connection

pinVie
Path Finder

How do I see the state of the connection to the Checkpoint Log/Management Servers - like in previous version I always saw the last communication.

This is be really important- we just installed the new version, created new inputs (with old certificates) and no data is coming in.

Thank you

0 Karma

jamesarmitage
Path Finder

You can monitor from the heavy forwarder side, as well as from the management server. In my case, I have a heavy forwarder on Red Hat, and a secondary management server that I'm connecting to for log retrieval.

I open a screen session, and split the view into 2 panes.

On the HF:

watch -n 1 "ps aux | grep -i opsec"

On the management server:

watch -n 1 "ps aux | grep -i lea"

From there I can see the number of lea_loggrabber sessions running from the HF, and the number of lea_session instances on the Check Point box.

On a related note, I'm also having trouble retrieving data. It seems to circle around pulling SmartDefense data, or if I use the Non-Audit setting (which also includes SmartDefense).

I'm still testing, but have found that I need to disable all inputs on the HF, restart the splunk process and reboot the management server to get to a clean state to work from.

Hope that helps.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...