All Apps and Add-ons

Non Prod License installation

vikram_m
Path Finder

I have a non-prod splunk license with me. I have added it to the non-prod Splunk indexer.

When I am trying to integrate it to a search head it is giving me an error i.e

Please suggest that incase of a non-prod Splunk License cant be integrate Splunk SH and indexer.

Thanks.
Vikram.

0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check the terms and features of your license, it might not be enabled for use in a distributed / licensemaster environment.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check the terms and features of your license, it might not be enabled for use in a distributed / licensemaster environment.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Does that answer your question?

0 Karma

vikram_m
Path Finder

Yea Martin it does 🙂

0 Karma

vikram_m
Path Finder

Thanks Martin in the terms and conditions it says "Dev/Test licenses are limited to standalone non-production use." So it can be used on standalone systems alone.

This line in the terms help.

Thanks.
Vikram.

0 Karma

vikram_m
Path Finder

Splunkd daemon is not responding: ("Error connecting to /services/licenser/localslave/license: ('The read operation timed out',)",)

Above is the error shown when dev license slave tried to connect to dev License Master.

0 Karma

mwdbhyat
Builder

Have you tried restarting the service ?
Is the service running as the right user ?
Can the user read/has permissions to that file location ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...