All Apps and Add-ons

Non Prod License installation

vikram_m
Path Finder

I have a non-prod splunk license with me. I have added it to the non-prod Splunk indexer.

When I am trying to integrate it to a search head it is giving me an error i.e

Please suggest that incase of a non-prod Splunk License cant be integrate Splunk SH and indexer.

Thanks.
Vikram.

0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check the terms and features of your license, it might not be enabled for use in a distributed / licensemaster environment.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check the terms and features of your license, it might not be enabled for use in a distributed / licensemaster environment.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Does that answer your question?

0 Karma

vikram_m
Path Finder

Yea Martin it does 🙂

0 Karma

vikram_m
Path Finder

Thanks Martin in the terms and conditions it says "Dev/Test licenses are limited to standalone non-production use." So it can be used on standalone systems alone.

This line in the terms help.

Thanks.
Vikram.

0 Karma

vikram_m
Path Finder

Splunkd daemon is not responding: ("Error connecting to /services/licenser/localslave/license: ('The read operation timed out',)",)

Above is the error shown when dev license slave tried to connect to dev License Master.

0 Karma

mwdbhyat
Builder

Have you tried restarting the service ?
Is the service running as the right user ?
Can the user read/has permissions to that file location ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...