All Apps and Add-ons

No results found. Inspect ...

michaeloleary
Path Finder

Hi Folks,

Forgive me if this was already raised but I haven't found anything on Splunk base that matches my exact problem. I'm running into a little issue with the Unix Application version 4.5 and the Scripted inputs on Splunk version 4.3.1. I've install my Splunk instance on Ubuntu 11.10. I have enabled all scripted inputs in the setup of the *Nix 4.5 application. However the CPU graph "Percent Load by Host" continues failing to render any graphs.

In the search application I have run a search for "index=os sourcetype=cpu host=*" and I can see no "sourcetype=cpu". I've tried running the command directly from the unix application bin directory and I'm coming up with no results back to the command. Has anyone come across this problem before?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

1 Solution

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

On Debian, sometimes the systat package is not installed by default, so sar and some other commands that we need don't work and there are no results. Ask your ubuntu admin to:

apt get sysstat

View solution in original post

0 Karma

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

On Debian, sometimes the systat package is not installed by default, so sar and some other commands that we need don't work and there are no results. Ask your ubuntu admin to:

apt get sysstat
0 Karma

michaeloleary
Path Finder

Perfect! Thank you very much. Worked a treat.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...