All Apps and Add-ons

No Data Displayed in Performance Monitoring Splunk App Windows Infrastructure

dlpco
Path Finder

When I go to the Performance Monitoring screen of the Splunk App Windows Infrastructure I only get data for CPU and Network Metrics.
I am on 8.0.2.1 of Splunk, Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows 7.0.0, Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure 2.0.1 and using the current forwarder on the windows 10 machine sending data to the indexer.

It looks like data is coming in but is in a different format than it use to be. It seems that the source no longer has the counter field. Am I missing something in the update?

0 Karma

dlpco
Path Finder

It looks like that this has to do with the mode = multikv default that perfmon data now uses. It looks like the Splunk App Windows Infrastructure or whatever is used to display this screen does not understand or know how to use data in the multikv format. If I change these in inputs.conf to mode = single then they start working again. Is this the only way to get this back or someone know if they are correcting this? I don't know if changing the required inputs.conf stanzas to mode = single will kill off something else.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...