All Apps and Add-ons

Nix data from splunk HF via splunk TA_nix not working

Abha11
Explorer

I am trying to configure Splunk_TA_nix to collect nix data from our Hf but the inputs aren’t  being enabled. We have clustered env. 

I have followed the splunk doc to install and configure the Addon but on attempting to enable the metrics via UI em_metrics index is already selected and greyed out but it says search produced no results.  

checked splunkd logs and could not find any error related to this. 

any help appreciated, thanks 

Labels (1)

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Abha11 ,.. do you want to collect the logs from HF

or the logs come from UF to HF and then you want to collect from HF. 

All other logs thru this HF are coming thru fine and only the nix-TA giving trouble?

(PS - i have given around 500+ karma points so far, received badge for that, if an answer helped you, a karma point would be nice!. we all should start "Learn, Give Back, Have Fun")

Abha11
Explorer

Hi @inventsekar ,

Thank you for your response.

i am trying to collect Hf health metrics from HF straight. 

I installed Splunk_TA_nix in $splunk_home$/etc/apps and trying to configure the inputs via HF UI. 
Yes other logs are fine from this HF

There is a SAI app installed on one of our SH and I want this HF instance as an entity in there. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...