All Apps and Add-ons

New deployment need advice/guidance

haleyh44
Explorer

I am completely new to splunk and have to deploy it in our environment. Can i get some guidance on best practices for deployment?

I have 3 physical CentOS boxes.

What would you set each on up with?

Splunk1 - configured RAID 10 - 5 TBssd

Splunk2 -  500 GB ssd

Splunk3 - 500GB ssd

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Karma

alonsocaio
Contributor

Hi @haleyh44,

There are several docs from Splunk that can help you to validate your deployment:

I suggest you to take a look first at System and Hardware Requirements docs: System Requirements and Reference Hardware

Also, there is a complete guide on Splunk validated architectures: Splunk Validated Architectures 

But mostly important, I would suggest you to first understand your Splunk use case, such as how much data you plan to ingest daily, how many users are going to actively use your Splunk deployment, how many searches and scheduled searches you plan to run daily, and so on. This will help you to size your environment properly.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The architecture depends highly on projected usage and utilisation. So it's hard to advise without knowing your needs.

Oh, and this is a wrong forum section. It's a topic for Deployment Architecture, not for Apps and Add-ons.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...