All Apps and Add-ons

Nest Home Thermostat: Mac OS 10.11.1 results in python error "Incompatible library version: etree.so requires version 12.0.0 or later, but libxml2.2.dylib provides version 10.0.0"

jtrujillo
Path Finder

Looks like some Python stuff has moved in El Capitan.

I am now getting a lot of errors (and no data) from the Nest input. Upgraders beware.

11-20-2015 17:54:47.322 -0700 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /Applications/Splunk/etc/apps/nest/bin/nest.py"   Reason: Incompatible library version: etree.so requires version 12.0.0 or later, but libxml2.2.dylib provides version 10.0.0
0 Karma
1 Solution

jtrujillo
Path Finder

Well.... I have no idea what fixed it... Either an OS X update (10.11.3) or a Splunk update (6.3.3) .... But I notice the python is now working again.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jtrujillo
Path Finder

Well.... I have no idea what fixed it... Either an OS X update (10.11.3) or a Splunk update (6.3.3) .... But I notice the python is now working again.

0 Karma

fabriziorizzo
Explorer

Anyone have thoughts on how to fix this?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...