All Apps and Add-ons

Nest Home Thermostat: I'm using the correct username and password, but why am I getting "An error occurred while trying to log into Nest.com"?

Jon_Irish
Explorer

I have installed the Nest Home Thermostat App for Splunk and configured it, but the only data I am seeing is the following:

Collection: error 
Time: 2016-04-22 09:46:09.224486 
error: An error occured while trying to log into Nest.com 
error_raw: HTTP Error 400: Bad Request

I have verified that I am using the correct username and password. What else should I look for?

Thanks,
Jon

0 Karma
1 Solution

Jon_Irish
Explorer

So I am really embarrassed now. I would never have thought that i mistyped my Nest password that many times. Definitely a drawback to using long complex passwords!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Jon_Irish
Explorer

So I am really embarrassed now. I would never have thought that i mistyped my Nest password that many times. Definitely a drawback to using long complex passwords!

0 Karma

Jon_Irish
Explorer

Well, that solved the issue with not pulling any data, but now I am not getting any data in the actual dashboards. If I look at the index I setup for the Nest app (named nest), I see 590 events in the index, but all of the dashboards return "No results found." Has anyone got this app to function properly? I understand that it uses undocumented API calls, so it is entirely possible that Nest changed something and broke everything, but with the amount of data that I am pulling down, I would think that I should be getting at least some data into the dashboards.

Thanks,
Jon

0 Karma

Jon_Irish
Explorer

Just figured this one out as well. Yes, all the data is there. I just had to modify the source code for the dashboards. Since I was using a custom index (I named it nest), I had to add "index=nest" to the lines that had "sourcetype=nest". Once I did this for all of the dashboards, they all functioned properly.

Nice app... I really like having a history of my Nest data!

Jon

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...