All Apps and Add-ons

Need help in finding if Splunk can handle Input format from database

mallsatya

Hi

Is splunk dependant on the format of the source from whihc it gets data from. Can Splunk retrieve the data from a relational database and start applying text analytics on it.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Splunk has no pre-determined schema or specific format that data has to conform to, rather you define fields yourself based on the format the data happens to be in. You can use the DB Connect app to retrieve data from databases.

Ayn
Legend

Your description on the desired functionality is way too generic to be able to answer in a single answer. That said, based on the description I don't see why Splunk wouldn't be able to do that. Depending on what your exact use-case is Splunk may or may not be the best tool to do it. I recommend you take a tour of the documentation to get an understanding of what Splunk is and what it can do, and maybe have someone from Splunk sales explain the concepts.

0 Karma

mallsatya

Something like a tree structure. It searches the data and lists the occurances, count etc by grouping on a particular field. If drilled down on 1 particular search result, i need further details on the text result found and the particualrs about the search made

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

I'm not familiar with that functionality in Google. Could you explain more clearly what you mean?

0 Karma

mallsatya

Thank you very much on the reply Ayn.I am looking at a similar search which shows tree structure drill down like google. Does Splunk has that option

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...