All Apps and Add-ons

NMON Performance Monitor for Unix and Linux Systems: Manually running nmon_helper.sh fails with message "terminated"

jmantor
Path Finder

Per the troubleshooting guide we tried this :

[splunk@blahblahblah]$ /opt/splunkforwarder/bin/splunk cmd /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/TA-nmon/bin/nmon_helper.sh
Terminated

It didn't start the nmon process and doesn't seem to give an indication of why ?

0 Karma

guilmxm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi!

This looks to me very strange, in the worst case and if things went bad you have much more output than that.

Question:

• Have you extracted the TA content in a Windows workstation ? I would be tended to think that the content of scripts has been trans-coded during the transfer step (it is probably currently in Windows format instead of Unix, it should be UTF8)

To say this differently you probably have ^M symbols in the file.

• Check the permission (is the file executable ?, by default it is maybe you lost this because of the way you extracted or transfered it to your deployment server)

I would strongly recommend transferring the tgz archive and then extract it on the deployment server if you are using one, or on the UF if you are not using deployment server

Guilhem,

0 Karma

jmantor
Path Finder

What should we look at to troubleshoot further?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...