All Apps and Add-ons

NMON Performance: How to change Operation system name in Dashboards.

arcdevil
Path Finder

Good afternoon.
In determining the version of the operating system periodically are set values obtained from lsb_release. Furthermore, this record is not readable. Is it possible to change the configuration of the dashboards to display a user friendly version?

BBBP,000,/etc/release
BBBP,001,/etc/release,"Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4 (Santiago)" 
BBBP,002,/etc/release,"Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4 (Santiago)" 
BBBP,003,/etc/release,"Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4 (Santiago)" 
BBBP,004,lsb_release 
BBBP,005,lsb_release,"LSB Version:  :base-4.0-amd64:base-4.0-noarch:core-4.0-amd64:core-4.0-noarch"
BBBP,006,lsb_release,"Distributor ID:   RedHatEnterpriseServer" 
BBBP,007,lsb_release,"Description:  Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4 (Santiago)" 
BBBP,008,lsb_release,"Release:  6.4" 
BBBP,009,lsb_release,"Codename: Santiago"

On "NMON Summary Light Analysis" dashboard displayed as " LSB_VERSION=base-4.0-amd64:base-4.0-noarch:core-4.0-amd64:core-4.0-noarch "
In "NMON Inventory Lookup Table":

hostname
    OStype
    Linux_distribution
    Linux_kernelversion
    nmon_version
    Linux
    Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4 (Santiago)
    14i
    Linux   
    Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4 (Santiago)
    14i
    Linux   
    LSB_VERSION=base-4.0-amd64:base-4.0-noarch:core-4.0-amd64:core-4.0-noarch
    2.6 14i
    Linux   
    LSB_VERSION=base-4.0-amd64:base-4.0-noarch:core-4.0-amd64:core-4.0-noarch
    14i
    Linux
    LSB_VERSION=base-4.0-amd64:base-4.0-noarch:core-4.0-amd64:core-4.0-noarch:graphics-4.0-amd64:graphics-4.0-noarch:printing-4.0-amd64:printing-4.0-noarch
    14i
    Linux
    LSB_VERSION=base-4.0-amd64:base-4.0-noarch:core-4.0-amd64:core-4.0-noarch:graphics-4.0-amd64:graphics-4.0-noarch:printing-4.0-amd64:printing-4.0-noarch
    14i
0 Karma
1 Solution

guilmxm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

Thanks to your contribution by reporting this and sending useful information, this has been resolved in the new version, as with the V1.5.10:

Release compatible with Splunk 6.2.x Only, if you are using an older Splunk version, please download the last compatible Nmon App release: V1.4.901 

V1.5.10:
- Migration of var directories used by the App to generate, monitor, index and clean nmon and associated data
- The main var directory is now $SPLUNK_HOME/var/run/nmon, this especially prevents from loosing data during indexing time if app upgrade occurs (deployment process)
- New versions of all third party scripts
- TA-nmon and PA-nmon new packages (V1.2.05)
- Documentation update
- Correction for Volume of data indexed saved search (bad volume reported in cluster), Home update
- Nmon Inventory update: regular expression to ignore Linux LSB_release (correct Linux distribution recognition)
- First level of drilldown update for interfaces

Thanks.

Guilhem

ps. Please accept the answer if you can confirm this to be the expected solution

View solution in original post

0 Karma

guilmxm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

Thanks to your contribution by reporting this and sending useful information, this has been resolved in the new version, as with the V1.5.10:

Release compatible with Splunk 6.2.x Only, if you are using an older Splunk version, please download the last compatible Nmon App release: V1.4.901 

V1.5.10:
- Migration of var directories used by the App to generate, monitor, index and clean nmon and associated data
- The main var directory is now $SPLUNK_HOME/var/run/nmon, this especially prevents from loosing data during indexing time if app upgrade occurs (deployment process)
- New versions of all third party scripts
- TA-nmon and PA-nmon new packages (V1.2.05)
- Documentation update
- Correction for Volume of data indexed saved search (bad volume reported in cluster), Home update
- Nmon Inventory update: regular expression to ignore Linux LSB_release (correct Linux distribution recognition)
- First level of drilldown update for interfaces

Thanks.

Guilhem

ps. Please accept the answer if you can confirm this to be the expected solution

0 Karma

guilmxm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi arcdevil,

Would that be possible for you to send me a raw nmon file to verify on my side ? (you can contact me by mail on the App home page)

0 Karma

arcdevil
Path Finder

Do you mean nmon file with metrics from server? Or something else?

0 Karma

guilmxm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, one nmon file generated by the App would be perfect.

This is maybe an extraction issue (rex extraction), even if this is surprising because Os type extraction works fine with RHEL as far as i know

0 Karma

arcdevil
Path Finder

I sent file for you.

0 Karma

guilmxm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thanks, will revert ASAP

0 Karma

arcdevil
Path Finder

M.b. I saw problems only on hosts with lsb_release utility.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...