All Apps and Add-ons

My Splunk userid doesn't work with Add-On Builder validation site "Login to the App Certification service failed"

mfrost8
Builder

I seem to be unable to connect to the Splunk Add-On Builder site to validate my package. I can't make the Test button on the credentials page pass.

We do have a proxy, but I've tried the configuration both with and without. I am 100% certain that this is my correct splunk.com id and password. I've just logged in to Splunk Answers (obviously 🙂 ) and the Splunk download site without issue. I keep getting

Login to the App Certification service failed. Verify your username and password and try again.

As for the proxy, there is a hostname and a port number. There is no username/password for our proxy server so I leave those blank.

splunk_app_addon-builder_ta_builder_validation.log shows me

2018-07-03 09:36:53,178 INFO pid=17325 tid=CP WSGIServer Thread-19 file=app_cert.py:_get_app_cert_conf:264 | Get the app_cert settings.
2018-07-03 09:36:54,212 ERROR pid=17325 tid=CP WSGIServer Thread-19 file=app_cert.py:get_token:140 | Authentication failed for App Certification.

splunk_app_addon-builder_ta_builder.log shows

2018-07-03 09:36:52,901 INFO pid=17325 tid=CP WSGIServer Thread-19 file=builder_ta_extraction.py:__init__:61 | Init Splunk Regex Loader...
2018-07-03 09:36:54,212 DEBUG pid=17325 tid=CP WSGIServer Thread-19 file=rest_client.py:send_request:130 | Failed to send rest request=https://api.splunk.com/2.0/rest/login/splunk, errcode=401, reason=Authentication failure, invalid access credentials.

I also tried this on my home server which has no proxy and is behind a firewall. I got the same result when trying to connect with my id.

Splunk 7.1.1 on Linux (SLES 12.1). Add-On Builder 2.2.0

I looked at other answers that seemed to be somewhat related. All of those people seemed to have some situations where they could connect successfully.

I looked at the documentation again and it didn't seem to say that I needed any special privileges to get this access other than my regular splunk.com account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

mfrost8
Builder

After working through the Splunk support ticket, the issue seemed to be that the validation site doesn't like it if your password contains a colon. I was told that there's already an open issue about that.

I changed my password to not contain a colon and could run the validation.

FYI.

View solution in original post

mfrost8
Builder

After working through the Splunk support ticket, the issue seemed to be that the validation site doesn't like it if your password contains a colon. I was told that there's already an open issue about that.

I changed my password to not contain a colon and could run the validation.

FYI.

chli_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

AoB leverages the splunk.com authentication to login app certification. Do you mind to create an JIRA? Then I can ask app cert team to check if your username exists in their list. Thanks.

0 Karma

mfrost8
Builder

I opened support ticket 946120 just a few minutes ago.

thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...