All Apps and Add-ons

Multiple versions of Python for Scientific Computing Apps running on the same Searchhead

swaro_ck
Path Finder

After upgrading Splunk to v8.1.5 and updating the AWS App & Addon we are running in a version conflict with the Python for Scientific Computing App 3.0.0 for MLTK & 1.2 which should run on the same SH. MLTK 5 requires PSC 3 and the AWS App requires PSC 1.2 as documented in https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AWS/6.0.3/Installation/Hardwareandsoftwarerequirements

MLTK

swaro_ck_0-1637648204152.png

Installed versions of PSC

swaro_ck_1-1637648204158.png

Installed AWS Apps

swaro_ck_2-1637648204165.png

As in the documentation URL above described I renamed the PSC folder and created the app.conf:

/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_SA_Scientific_Python_linux_x86_64_awsapp/local/app.conf
[package]
id = Splunk_SA_Scientific_Python_linux_x86_64_awsapp

Now it works for AWS but the MLTK cannot find the installed PSC 3.

swaro_ck_3-1637648204173.png

If I’m changing the directory to ZZZ_Splunk_SA_Scientific_Python_linux_x86_64_awsapp, the MLTK will work, but the AWS cannot find the PSC now.

/opt/splunk/etc/apps/ZZZ_Splunk_SA_Scientific_Python_linux_x86_64_awsapp/local/app.conf
[package]
id = ZZZ_Splunk_SA_Scientific_Python_linux_x86_64_awsapp

swaro_ck_4-1637648204176.png

Is there a way to get this to work or is that an unsupported constellation?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...