All Apps and Add-ons

Multiple Forests - Same Site Name - Merged Data in Site Status Reports

ddelaneymdw

We have multiple forests each with a single domain being monitored by Splunk and the Splunk App for Active Directory. Two of the domains (each a separate forest) have the same site name. When viewing the Site Status Report (Operations->Domain Controllers->Site Status), the intersite topology generator is displayed from DOMAIN-A despite selecting a different forest or domain. Both the subnets and the site links merge data from the two domains in the display.

Is there a way to configure Splunk or the Splunk App for Active Directory to differentiate the site name or correlate it with the forest/domain when generating the report?

0 Karma
1 Solution

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks for the bug report. I've filed it in our system and we will investigate and get it fixed.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks for the bug report. I've filed it in our system and we will investigate and get it fixed.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...