All Apps and Add-ons

Monitoring of Java Virtual Machines with JMX: Why am I unable to get attributes coming from other MBEANS?

rtestu_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi All,

I use the app Monitoring of Java Virtual Machines with JMX and it works really well to get some attributes from java.lang.

However, I tried to retrieve some other values coming from other MBEANS, but I don't see anything into Splunk (for the "org.apache.camel" domain). At least, I expect to see errors into the internal index saying the attributes does not exist!

Below are the lines I added into the config.xml:

<mbean domain="org.apache.camel" properties="type=routes,name=*">
        <attribute name="MinProcessingTime" outputname="MinProcessingTime"/> </mbean>

As you can see in the following screenshot this attribute exists!

Any idea ?

Thanks a lot !
Romain.

0 Karma
1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

I'm guessing you are not declaring the properties part of the MBean name correctly.Missing something between "type" and "name" perhaps ?

ie: properties="type=routes,somethingelse=local_project.BookingRoute,name=*"

What is the fully qualified MBean name for the target attribute ? You can see this in JConsole.

View solution in original post

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

I'm guessing you are not declaring the properties part of the MBean name correctly.Missing something between "type" and "name" perhaps ?

ie: properties="type=routes,somethingelse=local_project.BookingRoute,name=*"

What is the fully qualified MBean name for the target attribute ? You can see this in JConsole.

rtestu_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Damien!

Thanks for your answer.

I found the full path in JConsole : org.apache.camel:context=local_project.BookingRoute,type=routes,name="BookingRoute_cCXF_1"

I updated the config.xml:

<mbean domain="org.apache.camel" properties="context=local_project.BookingRoute,type=routes,name=BookingRoute_cCXF_1">
        <attribute name="MinProcessingTime" outputname="MinProcessingTime"/>
</mbean>

But still nothing ...

Romain.

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

I see that the MBean name uses quotes around the name attribute which you have omitted in config.xml ,so try name=*

rtestu_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes !!! Thanks Damien !

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...