All Apps and Add-ons

Monitoring Windows Service State History

TodaErika

Hi fellow Splunkers,

Sorry I dont have enough karma points to post a link. I followed a Splunk blog post about monitoring windows service by Jason Conger.
TIPS & TRICKS
Monitoring Windows Service State History

I used wmi.conf to monitor my services on my servers.

In this snippet below for server1 the results turn out great I have a full service state history of the server1 for past 1day

index=windows sourcetype="WMI:Services" host=server1 earliest=-1d@d latest=now |
    streamstats current=false last(State) AS new_state last(_time) AS time_of_change BY DisplayName |
    where State != new_state |
    convert ctime(time_of_change) AS time_of_change |
    rename State AS old_state |
    table time_of_change host DisplayName old_state new_state

In this snippet below for I would wish to have a service state history of all my servers in my enviroment for past 1day. However the results turned out not the way I expected it to be.

index=windows sourcetype="WMI:Services" host=* earliest=-1d@d latest=now |
        streamstats current=false last(State) AS new_state last(_time) AS time_of_change BY DisplayName |
        where State != new_state |
        convert ctime(time_of_change) AS time_of_change |
        rename State AS old_state |
        table time_of_change host DisplayName old_state new_state

Did I miss out anything? Would be grateful if somebody pointed me in the right direction.

Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...