All Apps and Add-ons

Modern Honey Network: How to use the Splunk Universal Forwarder and what is Splunk Atom Feed: splunkd?

Libabbles

Hi,
I'm very confused about how to use Splunk with the Modern Honey Network (MHN) app. I installed it and when I go to https://ipaddress:8089 I end up on a page that says "Splunk Atom Feed: splunkd", I know this isn't the way the web interface is supposed to look. I've seen some sites suggest downloading an app but the problem is I can't navigate to the website through the server because there's no GUI. It's for a college project and the instructions say to monitor the log file /var/log/mhn-splunk.log by the Splunk Universal Forwarder. I can see the log file and everything looks ok in it, I'm just confused as to how I can see this data in a web interface?
If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

0 Karma

Libabbles

I figured it out, I used Filezilla to transfer the tgz file, extracted, and installed it and the web interface is working now.

0 Karma

aaraneta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@Libabbles - When you say MHN, did you mean the Modern Honey Network app found on Splunkbase?

0 Karma

Libabbles

It's the Modern Honey Network, yes. I installed it via github though.

0 Karma

aaraneta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks for confirming! I just want to make sure your post is tagged appropriately.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...