All Apps and Add-ons

Missing Amazon Web Services (AWS) Topology Search, vague documentation

workiswerk
Explorer

AWS 5.1.1 Topology Splunk article (don't have the karma to link).
docs.splunk . com/Documentation/AWS /5 .1.1/User/Topology :

I don't see any such saved search in my Splunk AWS App and have added AWS Config, CloudTrail, and Config Rule inputs. Shouldn't it appear? Or is it a must to include every other input as well? To clarify, I'm not talking about the saved search automatically enabling itself, but rather showing up under Settings > Searches, reports, and alerts at all.

I'm also curious if "aws:config:notification" and "aws:config" types are treated interchangeably or not in the documentation. I have a lot of "aws:config:notification" source types and no pure "aws:config" types. The troubleshooting page for Topology (linked above) mentions that you should search for "sourcetype=aws:config" to ensure data is reaching Splunk; I'm unsure if "aws:config:notification" events are green or red flag for this.

0 Karma

alex_work

Hi, just curious if you resolved the missing Topology search issue, I'm encountering the same problem. As per documentation I have aws:config data, but i see no saved search  for Config: Topology Data Generator

Cheers

//A

0 Karma

workiswerk
Explorer

Update: aws:config is Config snapshots, which are different from aws:config:notification events.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...