All Apps and Add-ons

Migrating from stand-alone DBConnect1 to Distributed DBConnect2

erinboudreau
Explorer

Is there a standard process for migrating from a standalone instance of DB Connect 1 to a distributed instance of DB Connect 2?

Currently we have DB Connect 1 running on it's own search head, and we want to upgrade it and migrate it to our existing SH cluster. Is there an easy way to do this, or do we have to re-enter all our DB Connections?

0 Karma

Jeremiah
Motivator

The migration process is documented at the link below. You'll need to do some preliminary work like copy over your database driver to dbx v2 app. But there are scripts that will help you migrate your configurations automatically. I recommend taking your dbx v1 configs, put them on a test server, and then run the migration scripts against them there. Then you can copy the new dbx v2 config files to your prod server(s).

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/2.2.0/DeployDBX/MigratefromDBConnectv1

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...