All Apps and Add-ons

Microsoft switching to Modern Auth in October: Any impact on Microsoft Office 365 Reporting Mail Add-on for Splunk??

Cloudwalker787
Loves-to-Learn

According to this article, Basic Authentication Deprecation MS is moving to modern authentication in October of 2022.  As of now, the only authentication method allowed in the app is basic. 

I see here https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3720/ that they will update the app.  Does anyone know an ETA for that?

What I'm driving at is, I'd like to see the ability to switch between auth methods before basic auth gets deprecated by MS.  

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

shivanshu1593
Builder

Hello @jconger ,

Could you please help me to find as to where is the checkpoint containing the timestamp for the last log being pulled stored? We ran into an issue with the credentials, took a week to get them resolved and now it won't pull the logs older than 8 days, so we need to change the date of the last log being pulled to something new.

Thank you,

Thank you,
Shiv
###If you found the answer helpful, kindly consider upvoting/accepting it as the answer as it helps other Splunkers find the solutions to similar issues###
0 Karma

shivanshu1593
Builder

Tried changing the start_date_time and restarted Splunk, didn't help. It still tries to pull the data from 8 days ago.

Thank you,
Shiv
###If you found the answer helpful, kindly consider upvoting/accepting it as the answer as it helps other Splunkers find the solutions to similar issues###
0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The checkpoint is kept in the KV store.  You can update the value using a combination of the inputlookup command and the outputlookup command.  But, honestly, it is easier to clone the existing input with a different name because the checkpoint keys off the input name.

0 Karma

Cloudwalker787
Loves-to-Learn

I am receiving the following error and, I'm wondering why I'm getting it.

08-31-2022 13:24:08.798 +0000 ERROR ExecProcessor [2577 ExecProcessor] - message from "/opt/splunk/bin/python3.7 /opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-MS_O365_Reporting/bin/ms_o365_message_trace_oauth.py" /opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/__init__.py:91: RequestsDependencyWarning: urllib3 (1.26.6) or chardet (3.0.4) doesn't match a supported version!

0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Version 2.x is out and supports modern authentication (OAuth).

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3720/

0 Karma

hainesac
Loves-to-Learn

When attempting to configure the app, I receive the following error message:

"Something went wrong!  Configuration page failed to load, the server reported internal errors which may indicate you do not have access to this page.  Error: Request failed with status code 500

0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Was this a clean install or upgrade?

0 Karma

hainesac
Loves-to-Learn

Upgrade

0 Karma

hainesac
Loves-to-Learn

Completely removed and reinstalled; getting same error message.

0 Karma

dschroeter
Explorer

I have the same issue. Any solution here? Seems that something is missing in the app for on Prem

0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We are waiting on an update to the Microsoft API that the add-on uses.  Once that is released from Microsoft, we will update the add-on to use modern authentication.

shivanshu1593
Builder

It's a "not supported" add-on, so not sure if anyone would have an ETA for this. @jconger , @abalogh_splunk might be able to shed more light on it as they contributed immensely to the development of it.

Thank you,
Shiv
0 Karma

rayar
Contributor

Hi

Is there any ETA  ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...