All Apps and Add-ons

Microsoft Azure Add-on - No data received and getting error when looking into sign-in logs: HTTP 402 Payment Required -- Requires license feature='KVStore'.

robinettdonWY
Path Finder

Hi All,

I'm trying to use the Microsoft Azure Add-on for Splunk and was successful in getting this add-on to ingest Azure AD User data via the supplied input. When trying to use the Azure AD Sign-in input; I'm not getting any data and I'm seeing the following error when looking in the logs.

index="_internal" host=xxxx source="/opt/splunk/var/log/splunk/ta_ms_aad_MS_AAD_signins.log"

Returns the following error:

2020-04-24 15:07:53,551 ERROR pid=19474 tid=MainThread file=base_modinput.py:log_error:307 | Get error when collecting events.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-MS-AAD/bin/ta_ms_aad/modinput_wrapper/base_modinput.py", line 127, in stream_events
    self.collect_events(ew)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-MS-AAD/bin/MS_AAD_signins.py", line 84, in collect_events
    input_module.collect_events(self, ew)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-MS-AAD/bin/input_module_MS_AAD_signins.py", line 62, in collect_events
    query_date = get_start_date(helper, check_point_key)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-MS-AAD/bin/input_module_MS_AAD_signins.py", line 37, in get_start_date
    d = helper.get_check_point(check_point_key)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-MS-AAD/bin/ta_ms_aad/modinput_wrapper/base_modinput.py", line 518, in get_check_point
    self._init_ckpt()
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-MS-AAD/bin/ta_ms_aad/modinput_wrapper/base_modinput.py", line 509, in _init_ckpt
    scheme=dscheme, host=dhost, port=dport)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-MS-AAD/bin/ta_ms_aad/solnlib/modular_input/checkpointer.py", line 166, in __init__
    scheme, host, port, **context)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-MS-AAD/bin/ta_ms_aad/solnlib/utils.py", line 167, in wrapper
    raise last_ex
HTTPError: HTTP 402 Payment Required -- Requires license feature='KVStore'

About this setup: The add-on is running on a Heavy Forwarder and this forwarder is in the forwarder license group; forwarding to Splunk Cloud. I've double checked all the permissions that the registered app needs in Azure and I think I'm good there. This same registered app is in use with the legacy Microsoft Azure Active Directory Add-on to pull sign-in and audit logs today. The permissions I've granted the registered app are here:

alt text

Thoughts on what may be going on here?
Thanks!!

0 Karma
1 Solution

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @robinettdonWY ,

please check this solution: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/581082/license-required.html

Does it work for you?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @robinettdonWY ,

please check this solution: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/581082/license-required.html

Does it work for you?

0 Karma

robinettdonWY
Path Finder

Thanks! I had seen that post, but Splunk support did not want to provide me with the 0GB/day license that enables KV Store. They kept telling to contact the developer of the Add-on and that they didn't support it. That using the Forwarder Group license should be all I need.

I did, in my haste, try the Free License and that worked. Finally support suggested I copy the enterprise 0GB/day license they provided 2 years ago on another heavy forwarder to this one and that worked too (I should have thought about that before them).

Not sure why this add-on is not working with the normal Forwarder Group License on a Heavy Forwarder, I feel like it should.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...