All Apps and Add-ons

McAfee App: MWGaccesslog not available as source type

sdahlmann
Explorer

Hi,

I am very new to Splunk so please let me know if you need more information or if I am not specific enough.

I am trying to use splunk with the "App for McAfee Web Gateway". There is not really much documention, so I guess the installation instructions are obvious if you know splunk well, but I don't...

The App seems fine, and I imported the "MWGaccesslog_for_Splunk.xml" into the Web Gateway. Log file is being written locally on the web gateway.
To test the app, I copied it to splunk server.

No when I want to add a data input through Settings -> Data inputs -> Files & Directories I can select the file and the preview looks valid.
But when I want to select the source type "MWGaccesslog" it is not available from the list (there is only access_combined, apache_error, iis, ...).
I tried to "Start a new source type" and using the name "MWGaccesslog", but then splunk sais that this source already exists.

So why can't I select it from the list?

The installed version is Splunk free 6.0.1 on Debian 7.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

sdahlmann
Explorer

Ok, I found it, it is not in the list, I have to type it into the field after selecting manual...
My bad...

The data seems to be indexed, I can find it in the search and it sais "sourcetype = MWGaccess".
So far so good... but nothing shows up in the App.
Any idea what I am missing?

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sdahlmann
Explorer

Ok, I found it, it is not in the list, I have to type it into the field after selecting manual...
My bad...

The data seems to be indexed, I can find it in the search and it sais "sourcetype = MWGaccess".
So far so good... but nothing shows up in the App.
Any idea what I am missing?

Thanks

0 Karma

sdahlmann
Explorer

Yes it is - again, my bad.
I recreated the data input and now it works.

No I'll just have to find a good way to get the log file to the splunk server.

Thanks!

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Wasn't that supposed to be "MWGaccesslog"?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...