All Apps and Add-ons

Mapping tags to Event Types via Splunk Add-on Builder

manasbellani
Explorer

I am trying to map data to Vulnerabilities CIM model that I have collected via a python input in a new TA that I am building via the Splunk add-on builder app.

According to the CIM modelling documentation, I should map the tags of Vulnerabilities CIM Model - report, vulnerability- to the event type. Is there a way to do this within the splunk add-on builder via the UI, so I could package it for the end-user of the TA within the TA itself?

In the Map to Data Model tab of the Splunk Add-On Builder, I can only see the ability to create Event Types but not map tags to the event type.

Thanks in advance!

0 Karma
1 Solution

manasbellani
Explorer

So, I seem to have figured this out.

When mapping to a data model in the Splunk TA Builder, the tags for CIM data model are automatically assigned to the event types that I define. So in this case, report and vulnerability were assigned to the event types that I had to define for the data.

Also, if I had to, I could separately create more tags within the new Add-on by going to Tags option within the Splunk Web UI settings, selecting my add-on in the List tags by name and creating a new tag for the app. This creates the tag within the add-on itself.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

manasbellani
Explorer

So, I seem to have figured this out.

When mapping to a data model in the Splunk TA Builder, the tags for CIM data model are automatically assigned to the event types that I define. So in this case, report and vulnerability were assigned to the event types that I had to define for the data.

Also, if I had to, I could separately create more tags within the new Add-on by going to Tags option within the Splunk Web UI settings, selecting my add-on in the List tags by name and creating a new tag for the app. This creates the tag within the add-on itself.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...