All Apps and Add-ons

MapIt doesn't map it

benefitcos
Explorer

Hello,

Have installed AMMap and Maxmind per instructions here and in documentation. Using this formula:

sourcetype="Sites*" Preview fromHost!="'10.*'" | rex
"'(?<fromHost>\d+.\d+.\d+.\d+)'"|  stats count by fromHost | head  100 | eval
count_label="Login" |
eval iterator="fromHost" | eval iterator_label="IP" | eval
movie_color="#FF0000" | eval output_file="home_threat_data.xml" | eval
app="amMap" | lookup geoip clientip as fromHost

I'm able to generate results (which I can't post without enough 'karma', but trust me, I'm seeing cities, countries, lat, long, region, etc..)

However, when I use the | mapit command, all of a sudden 'no events were found'. When I run a check of the Splunk logs there are entries which coincides with each | mapit request:

Fri Nov 08 11:31:03 2013 - ERROR - Traceback:Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\splunk\etc\apps\amMap\bin\map_results.py", line 180, in run
    result_dict_list = get_results()
  File "D:\splunk\etc\apps\amMap\bin\map_results.py", line 41, in get_results
    if results[0].has_key("app"):
IndexError: list index out of range

Any ideas on what might be happening? Appreciate any tips!

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi benefitcos,

Just had the same problem today, when implementing the amMaps at a costumer which does not allow Internet access from the Splunk search head, so I had to setup amMap. The error was exactly the same and after checking the code, I realized that the there was some field missing in the stats, so including the field in the stats solved this.

Also be aware that you can use mapit in a HiddenPostProcess but you must use the the stats and all the eval commands in the HiddenPostProcess otherwise it will not work.

hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

moneybox
Explorer

hi , i'm having the same issue.
if someone can help it would be great.

Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...