All Apps and Add-ons

Map on "Microsoft 365: Usage & Adoption" dashboard

wstarowicz
Path Finder

Hi,

We have problem with map display for mentioned dashboard. First of all it always start with centralized view on Australia only.
Secondly continent names are displayed in German.
How can we fix this? Any configuration parameter?

0 Karma

rlait_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you append /edit to the usage and adoption dashboard, you can access all of the panels and configurations to modify them as required.
Eg: server/en-GB/app/microsoft_cloud_app/m365_usage_adoption/edit

You can edit the default map coordinates as well as the default zoom level from there. I'm not quite sure why it would be showing in German. This is possibly a local server timezone setting / local server language setting? The map uses Google. com map tiles and shows in English for all the users I've tested it on

Worst case, you can remove the Google map tiles and revert back to the inbuilt Splunk tiles.

Hope this helps!
Ry,

adalbor
Builder

Thanks was looking for this solution too!

0 Karma

wstarowicz
Path Finder

Ry thanks for the answer. For now I changed GPS coordinates and as server locales are correct I also added following string at the and of mapping.tileLayer.url parameter: &hl=en Now it displays all in english.

One more question - should I copy m365_usage_adoption.xml file to local directory or edit in-place in default? Asking to avoid overwrite after app update.

0 Karma

wstarowicz
Path Finder

Can we set this parameter "&hl=en" somewhere globally? Otherwise it must be changed in every view with map.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...